Fine Heirloom Sewing, Smocking and Hand Embroidery

"Baby will be well and smiling in little garments made by Mother, Auntie, Grannie and loving friends!"

Please join me as I teach the old fashioned techniques and skills needed to sew baby clothes. You will find lessons that start at the very beginning and take you step by step as we sew little baby clothes together. May you find much joy and pleasure in making them.
It's easy and it's fun!!

Visit My Heirloom Sewing Webshop www.oldfashionedbaby.com




Monday, April 24

The Making of a Baby Quilt

I have been working on a Baby Quilt for the last several months.
I am piecing the top on my Mom's old Featherweight.

I've been making it for my niece's new baby boy.  


I've made it using only two fabrics on the top. A baby print.  And a matching solid.


In this picture, my neighbor is helping me baste the top to the backing with the batting in between.  Getting it ready to hand quilt.
It's sort of an Irish Chain Quilt.

I spent the winter in front of the fire with my Brown Dog, quilting.
It was very peaceful.

Stitching prayers into my quilt for this new baby.
                                         
All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2017  Jeannie Baumeister

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails